20 Jun My Wedding Anniversary
Just got off of a plane and was thinking. There is one minute left in this day. Today would have been my 25th wedding anniversary. This weekend could have possibly been an amazing celebratory one with family and friends with a silver wedding anniversary and Father’s Day.
Instead my phenomenal kids will be in other states doing their thing and I will be lecturing on family on Friday in Daytona, preaching on men’s conference in West Palm Beach on Saturday and back at Hope Fellowship on Sunday. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not depressed or anything like that.
I don’t need any sympathy. I’m better than I’ve been in a long time. There are just lessons to be learned when I think about the fact that I will probably never have a 25th wedding anniversary.
1. When you don’t win the battle in one season you lose benefit of the victory in another.
2. Good and even great are not the same as optimal.
3. It’s possible to find happiness and live with regrets at the same time.
4. Sometimes what you salvage is more than what others build.
5. What ever you lose don’t lose yourself or your relationship with God. Those are the two things you started with they are the two things you absolutely need to rebound, recover, and realize new dreams